Chinese-Forums

Translating a letter

Nikar

Hi,

If you please, I've the following letter in English which I need to send to some customers in China:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Company’s Information

We specialize in the management of Foreign Interns participating in the International Internship Program for the Hospitality & Tourism Industry in Sweden.

The Hotel internship in Sweden is for a period of 6months or 12 months depending on the student's course of study. All Interns will be issued with legal Permit issued by the government before they depart for Sweden.

Sweden's internship is very skills intensive and provide each student with internationally challenging experience. Interns will also have enormous opportunities to practice & develop their social, communication, marketing & negotiation skills. Widely recognised by the relevant Industries worldwide, graduates from the program are usually easily employed by, Airports, Airlines, International Hotels, Restaurants, Tourism & Service industries in their own as well as foreign countries.

For each Intern to fully benefit from the program, we match the interest and capability of each intern to the requirements of the internship establishment. Welfare and safety of each intern during the internship period is important to us and we provide each intern with safe internship establishment, good dormitory, guardianship and social support. We manage the program with a high standard of social responsibility to all parties involved. A high standard of discipline and positive attitudes is expected from the interns as well.

Upon their completion of study, each intern is also allowed to seek employment in Sweden.

2) Licensing

We are fully licensed to recruit and manage foreign interns for all industries.

3) Participating Establishments

We offer participating interns an excellent range of First Class International Hotels. Some of the establishments are listed in the attachment.

4) Interns Benefits & Conditions

a) A Monthly Allowance will be paid to each Intern at end of each month.

B) Working Time – 5 or 6 days per week with 1 day off based on 44 hrs per week. Additional hours payable at overtime rate or time offset.

c) Uniform – provided with free uniform laundry.

d) Duty Meals provided. Other meals are at own expense.

e) Insurance & Hospitalisation – Workmen Compensation insurance and Hospitalisation

Insurance are provided to Interns.

f) Standard Dormitory accommodation are furnished & airconditioned and provided free.

5) Monitoring

Training Partners may visit their students in Sweden.

I used Dictionary.com's translator and the results are as follows:

1)公司信息

我们专门研究参加国际实习节目的外国实习生的管理为好客& 旅游业在瑞典。

旅馆实习在瑞典是在6months的期间或12个月根据学生的学习进程。 在他们为瑞典之前,离去所有实习生将发布与政府发布的法律许可证。

瑞典的实习是非常技能密集并且提供每名学生以国际性地富挑战性经验。 实习生也将有极大的机会实践& 开发他们的社交,通信,销售& 交涉技能。 由相关的产业广泛认出全世界,毕业生从节目通常容易地被雇用,机场,航空公司,国际饭店,餐馆,旅游业& 服务行业在他们自己并且外国。

为了每位实习生能充分地受益于节目,我们匹配每位实习生的兴趣和能力到实习创立的要求。每位实习生福利和安全在实习期间是重要对我们,并且我们提供每位实习生以安全实习创立、好宿舍、监护和社会支持。我们处理节目与社会责任感高标准对介入的所有党。 学科和积极态度高标准期望从实习生。

在他们的研究的完成,每位实习生在瑞典也允许寻找就业。

2) 准许

我们充分地被准许吸收和处理外国实习生为所有产业。

3) 参与创立

我们提供参与实习生头等国际饭店的一个优秀范围。 某些创立在附件被列出。

4) 实习生好处& 情况

a) 月度容限将被支付对每位实习生在结尾的每个月。

B) 工作定期的5或6天每星期与1个休息日基于在每个星期44 hrs。 另外的小时付得起在超时费率或时间垂距。

c) 制服-带有自由一致的洗衣店。

d) 提供的义务饭食。 其他饭食为了贬低自己的。

e) 保险& 住院治疗-工作员报偿保险和住院治疗

保险提供给实习生。

f) 标准宿舍适应是用装备的& 有冷气和,假设自由。

5) 监视

训练伙伴在瑞典也许拜访他们的学生

Can someone be kind enough to correct it in places where it doesn't sound right?

I think some words and sentences, when translated, sounds weird!

Thanks! :)

Nikar

hi Nikar

sorry to say your translation has many mistakes.I would like to help,yet for the reason I guess you can understand,i will correct one sentence only.hope the others would follow

The Hotel internship in Sweden is for a period of 6months or 12 months depending on the student's course of study. All Interns will be issued with legal Permit issued by the government before they depart for Sweden.

your translation旅馆实习在瑞典是在6months的期间或12个月根据学生的学习进程。 在他们为瑞典之前,离去所有实习生将发布与政府发布的法律许可证。

correction:依据所学课程的不同,瑞典的旅馆实习项目分为6个月与12个月两种.在学生们动身前往瑞典之前,他们都将得到政府授予的法律许可

If the OP was someone asking to translate a letter to help them find a long-lost relative or some other personal thing (or if it was only a couple of lines, rather than several paragraphs), I might have a different opinion. However it seems (and perhaps I'm making assumptions here, and if that's the case please correct me) that the letter is a business advertisement being sent to customers which presumably will result in the OP making money of some sort (either directly or indirectly). If someone wants to translate it for free, then that's good luck for the OP and he's managed to reduce his costs and save a few Krona, however I don't see anything non-humanitarian about people being paid for translation services rendered to a company.

Can someone be kind enough to correct it in places where it doesn't sound right?

I think some words and sentences, when translated, sounds weird!

From these two coloured lines I felt that Nikar thought there were only a few corrections needed,so She(or he) wanted to seek help here(for free of course).What she didin't realize is, what she really needs is indeed a new translation(the software translation is so terrible), other than simple, easy corrections.

To translate the whole letter(without payment) under the name "be kind enough"is surely not realistic.

Anyway,my words are all based on my assumptions,let's hear what Nikar says tomorrow

To translate the whole letter(without payment) under the name "be kind enough"is surely not realistic.
This is my point precisely :mrgreen: and translating the whole letter is exactly what needs to be done (as you so rightly mention). Running it through a software translator and then just hoping that only a few bits here and there will need changing is not really realistic, and I would be surprised to find someone who had that much faith in software translation.

Hi all!

Well, thanks for your replies!

Yeah, it's a small business advertisement for my boss, though I'm from another department (none of my business, though).

I'll be translating the whole thing myself tonight and post the work here tomorrow to let you guys read through it. If any words look weird, do let me know! :D

Good day!

Nikar

Upon their completion of study, each intern is also allowed to seek employment in Sweden.

2) Licensing

We are fully licensed to recruit and manage foreign interns for all industries.

3) Participating Establishments

We offer participating interns an excellent range of First Class International Hotels. Some of the establishments are listed in the attachment.

translation:完成学业后,所有实习生都将有在瑞典工作的机会

2)从业资格

我们拥有培训与管理各行业外国实习生的全部许可

3)业界联系

我们向实习生们提供大量顶级国际饭店的实习机会.部分酒店名称请参见附件.

here is my translation,if have any problem,please feel free to point. thank you!

1)公司的简介

我们是专门从事瑞典酒店和旅游管理行业的实习项目,负责海外实习人员参与进来

在瑞典的酒店实习生是要根据学生的学习课程有大约6-12个月的时间,所有的实习生在他们前向瑞典时已获得政府颁发的法律许可证.

瑞典的实习项目很注重技能的培养,提供每个学生国际性的挑战经验,实习生也将有大量的机会去实践及发展他们的社交,销售及谈判技巧,广泛的得到世界各国的同行认可,毕业后将很容易在国外找到工作,机场,航空公司,国际酒店,餐厅,旅行服务业

每一个实习生将会从这套教程中受益,我们将针对实习生的制定的需求,按每个实习生的兴趣及能力,在实习的过程中每个实习生的福利和安全保障对我们来说是很重要的,我们将给每个实习生提供安全的环意,好的宿舍,监护及社会支持.我们实施这个课程本着对社会各界高度负责的态度。高度的纪律性和积极的态度都也将体现在这个实习课程中

经过圆满的学习,每个实习生将允许在瑞典找工作

2)从业资格

我们可合法的招收及管理各行业的外国实习生

3)业界联系

我们提供高级国际酒店的实习,部份酒店请参见附件

4)实习生的利益及条件

a 月底将支付每个实习生的每个月的津贴.

b 工作时间,每周5或6天,每周工作44小时即可以休息一天.超额时间将按加班或调休.

c 制服-提供免费的制服

d 提供工作餐,其他的餐费需自己支付

e 保险与医保-社保与医保将提供给实习生

f 提供带有空调的标准公寓

监督

校方的老师将可以拜访在瑞典的学生

1) Company’s Information

We specialize in the management of Foreign Interns participating in the International Internship Program for the Hospitality & Tourism Industry in Sweden.

Sweden's internship is very skills intensive and provide each student with internationally challenging experience. Interns will also have enormous opportunities to practice & develop their social, communication, marketing & negotiation skills. Widely recognised by the relevant Industries worldwide, graduates from the program are usually easily employed by, Airports, Airlines, International Hotels, Restaurants, Tourism & Service industries in their own as well as foreign countries.

For each Intern to fully benefit from the program, we match the interest and capability of each intern to the requirements of the internship establishment. Welfare and safety of each intern during the internship period is important to us and we provide each intern with safe internship establishment, good dormitory, guardianship and social support. We manage the program with a high standard of social responsibility to all parties involved. A high standard of discipline and positive attitudes is expected from the interns as well.

my translation:

1) 公司简介

本公司从事在瑞典酒店与旅游业实习的海外实习生的管理工作。

根据所学课程的不同,在瑞典酒店的实习生将进行6或12个月的实习工作。实习生将在去往瑞典前获得政府颁发的法律许可证。

瑞典的实习项目很注重技能的培养,并为每个学生提供国际挑战的经验。实习生将获得大量锻炼社交能力、销售及谈判技巧的机会。学生将受到世界各国同行的广泛认可,毕业后通常将更容易在国内外机场、航空公司、国际酒店、餐厅、旅游服务单位找到工作。

为使每个实习生都在这个项目中充分受益,我们将结合每个学生的兴趣与能力制订不同的工作要求。我们重视实习生在实习期间的福利及安全保障。我们将为每个实习生提供安全的工作环境,良好的住宿、保安及社会支持。我们将带着对所有参与者的高度的社会责任来管理此项目,也希望每个实习生都有严格的纪律性和积极的态度。

完成学业后,实习生将有机会在瑞典工作。