Chinese-Forums

Online Visa Service

neonoodle

I was wondering if anyone has used any of those online visa services to obtain their student visa. I'm thinking of using one, because the nearest chinese embassy is 2551 miles away. I'm not very comfortable trusting some online company with my documents, but the only other option is to go to the embassy in LA when I stop there on my way to China. I'm only going to be in LA for a few days, so I'm worried that if something goes wrong with my application I might not get my visa in time. I'm not sure what to do, but I need to decided soon, so any advice will be appreciated. :oops:

I used one to get my first tourist visa to China. I was actually living in Washing DC at the time (so it should have been pretty easy to visit the embassy myself), but the hours to drop off the visa were something like 10:30 - 4:00 M-F, which means I would have had to take time off of work to drop it off and then time off to pick it up. I don't remember the company I used. But it cost me $20 extra to have them do it for me (which was worth the headache of waiting in line). I mailed my passport to them, and they mailed it back.

I would recommend using a site that has been endorsed by the BBB or some other reputable agency. Also, if you don't trust them, call up the telephone number and see if they sound legit (I didn't do this, but I guess it couldn't hurt).