Chinese-Forums

tips on study content pls

imagine

Hi All,

I would like to get some inputs from those who are familiar / works/ has worked in China or in close co-operation with Chinese. Here is the back-ground to my questions:

I am taking part in two weeks intensive course in Nankai University in Tianjin this april.

We are a mixed group of 15-20 students, orientated in business and travel mainly, getting our bachelor degree.

Here is the course discription:

Our school has arranged for 10 times a study period in NANKAI UNIVERSITY, Tianjin for our students. This is a special course conducted in English by the Chinese professors.

The lectures cover topics concerning Chinese business life, history, cultural matters, laws and regulations, marketing etc. Also Chinese is taught.

Project work:

You can finance your study period by carrying out a project work for some Finnish or foreign company interested in the Chinese markets – you could make a small market research, find a possible partner, look at the competitors, visit some companies etc. while you are in China. You would have to find this company by yourself and the agreement is between you and the company.

UNQUOTE

As the intensive study period is in Tianjin with co-operation with Chinese university, we have been asked about the study program. In other words, we have the possibility of influencing the content of the course, especially if we would like to make any company visits or travel plans over the one week-end.

My questions to you guys are, what would you be

- interested in seeing/getting to know/hearing/learning/visiting in Tianjin area?

- Company visit suggestions?

- What would be good to know/learn about Chinese business world from Western point of view?

- travel plans from Tianjin to one weekend? (for the group)

All ideas are warmly welcomed.

Thank you!