Chinese-Forums

Not receiving email alerts?

ipsi()

I don't know if anyone else is having this, but I don't seem to be getting email alerts for topics I've posted in... The last one I received is dated 23rd January, and I know people have posted stuff to topics I'm subscribed to since then...

Could GMail be blocking them? I'd be surprised, as then they should end up in my Junk Folder... All my preferences are set correctly for it, so I've got no idea why they're not coming in. It's set to Instant Email Notification in my prefences, and that's the option I see below for this thread in particular. My email address is correct.

Any admins know what's happening here?

Ok, I think I know what's going on, at least to a certain extent. The forums were set up to use my SMTP account. As I posted a while ago, I haven't been able to use it recently, but I was putting that down to a China issue. However it now seems to extend to the forums, which aren't anywhere near China.

I've set the forums to use php's mail functions for now - should work fine, but stuff may end up in spam folders - and will get in touch with the hosts again.