Chinese-Forums

Please can you help me translate

swiz55

Hi all,

I am writing to request your help with translating and authenticating a business certificate i have received (please see attachment). I am in the process of doing business with this company but before i part with any funds i am doing my research as in the past i have been scammed sadly and don't want this to happen again.

I would be grateful for any help i receive.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards and thank you in advance: :)

1669_thumb.attach

Well sorry but I'm not going to be your best friend and translate the whole thing....too much work for me right now but what I will tell you is that it appears to a perfectly legitimate certificate for doing business. But the bad news is that having the certificate will not necessarily keep you from getting scammed but it is better to have. I hope you have a good experience...

Hi,

Thank you very much for your replies, i am truly grateful to you for taking your time out to help me with this inquiry. Just to clarify i have not been scammed by this company but by others in the past.

I am currently in the process of doing business with this company and they have provided me with this certificate as proof that they exist and are trading. The reason i need the information from the certificate is so that i can match up the information they have given me with the information on the certificate but unfortunately i do not understand chinese.

Once again i would be extremely grateful to anyone able to provide a literal translation of the certificate.

Kind regards and thank you once again.

I know both Chinese and English, but I am not a professional translator. I take your issue seriously, so I don't want to make mistake on translation. I don't think I am qualify to translate such important legal document. That is why I suggest you get a lawyer to help you.

Sorry about your pass experience.

Do you know anyone who has experience in doing oversea business or doing business in China? May be you can ask for their advice.

Or can you try your consular? Ask them where you can get help.

Good luck to you.

Thank you floatingmoon for your prompt reply.

i understand why you may not want to provide translation on such an important documentation but whatever information you provide for me i will not make you responsible for. I will see it as just a guide.

Also i have contacted the Putian Administration of Industry and Commerce regarding this certificate but due to the Chinese New Year celebration i will not receive a reply till 11th February. In the mean time i thought i would try to gain as much information as i could. Hopefully they will be able to confirm the details and only then will i consider doing business with this company.

Sorry to inconvenience you once again but i would be grateful for any assistance.

Kind regards

Hmmm... have you actually seen this document in real life? I suppose not. In my opinion, it's really not worth wasting your time and money on getting a lawyer to read this. It's quite obviously a scam.

To me, it looks like someone scanned it, put it into paint (not even photoshop), and very notably changed the name of the business (名称), the address (住所), and the business area(经营范围).

If you scan something from a real document, the text will come out slightly blurred (like 法定代表人姓名 and 公司类型) on this picture. You can get the same effect by selecting "anti-aliased" something in photoshop, but that was obviously not done here.... If you compare the looks of the characters between the different entries, this is VERY obvious. You don't even need to be able to read Chinese characters to appreciate this.

Moreover, the guy didn't even care to get the left margin straight 名称、住所、经营范围 are all considerably more to the left than 姓名 and 公司类型.

Come on, this guy is such a scam!

Edit: Moreover, a baidu search for 厦门市时代贸易有限公司 yields zero hits (how could this possibly be the case if it's been around since year 2000?), and come on: “时代贸易” just sounds extremely cliche.

(If you really want to know what it says, it claims that the guy is doing business in electronics-type things, that it's based in Xiamen, that it is a domestic-funded limited company, etc. My bet is that the guy has a certificate to do business in something else, elsewhere. It would be interesting to see if the stamp even says 厦门 or 福建 something.... can't read it at all.)

The validity period looks suspicious too... i can't read it properly, but it kind of looks like it's valid until year 20009 (which is quite a long time frame....)

And even more convincing is that when you visit the Fujian government's website (only works in IE) for searching the information of registered businesses, no business exists for that business id (1303012001074).

Even more interesting, is that such a business number is invalid anyway, because if you click on the business type, and the registration authority, you can see the list of codes for the type of business and also the place of registration, and the only types of business that can start with 130 are those that start with 13000 (which is obviously not the case for this business).

And in addition to everything Yonglin said above, it's also a little suspicious that the company was founded in 2000, but the business license was issued in 2005!

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I am very grateful to everyone for taking time out to help me with my inquiry. It seems unanimous from the replies that the certificate is a fake and this supposed trader is just a scammer. You have saved me a lot of hassle and trouble in the long run and i am forever grateful.

I hope you all have a lovely Chinese New year and thank you once again.:D