Chinese-Forums

New Javascript

trevelyan

Quick update to let people know that we have new javascript code powering the Adsotrans popups. I've blogged about it briefly on the site. There are two major improvements though:

1. click on any word to edit its definition in real-time
  2. highlight text to add words (don't forget to add the english)

I'm really pleased with the changes personally. The new interface is tested on Internet Explorer and Firefox. I'd appreciate reports of popup/editing failures on Safari or other browsers and will make changes/fixes to support other browsers as I can.

@character - the database is distributed along with the engine. A revised version will be out tomorrow.

The new javascript is just the editing interface for the website itself.

Would be nice to have a favicon... any volunteers? (I'm truly awful at art)....

Nice job! And it would be nice to have a simple tool to mark the pinyin tones. I just input 电子手帐 in the dictionary, but don't know how to write a tonal mark.

And it seems that the system mainly support simplified Chinese and there's no conversion between them. The term 微软 shows "microsoft", but "微軟" shows "Micro" and "軟" isn't annotated.

Let me take a look at it. Can probably figure out what is going on.

That being said, I honestly think you'll get a much more usable site using the automatic wrapping that the WordPress plugin provides. It breaks up the annotating span tags at every ASCII entry, so you'd have two bits to annotate rather than one, and the response time will be faster.