Chinese-Forums

Applying for a visa, but not going to the school

sherman11235

Question: I want to live in China for the coming semester, so I applied at BLCU just to get the F visa application form so I can get the 6 month visa. Should I be worried about BLCU trying to revoke my visa once I get it, since I won't actually be studying there? Please tell me what you think! thanks!!

so I applied at BLCU just to get the F visa application form so I can get the 6 month visa.

Why would you do that? Can't you get an F visa without studying? I thought X visa was for studying and F was the cool blanket visa which you could use to do most anything. Why does BCLU give applications for F visas? I ask because I'm planning on applying for F visa next time I go to China - I'm done with studying. :wink:

My understanding is ... you need a JW202 form (a letter of invitation from a school) to apply for am F visa at an embassy. Such as I did in London. If you want an F visa just wink-wink, then you have to go to Hong Kong to get it.

This information may have changed recently!

As to the original question ... it's a good one. Theoretically they'd tell the PSB that you were a no-show and when you left the country 6 months later they'd ask you awkward questions at the airport. To be honest, I'm not sure if BLCU is that organised.

thanks everyone, but I'm still confused! has anyone ever actually done this before? (i.e. applied for an F visa and then been a no-show at the place that "accepted" you?) it's just that, as an American, I can't just get a *wink wink* F visa in HK, nor is there anything longer than a 30 day tourist visa. so unless I want to go to HK every month, it seems like this is the only thing to do. does anyone know, what's the worst thing that they'd do to me at the airport? would it just be a question or two, or are we looking at a big huge fine?

thanks everyone again for your input!

thanks everyone, but I'm still confused! has anyone ever actually done this before? (i.e. applied for an F visa and then been a no-show at the place that "accepted" you?) it's just that, as an American, I can't just get a *wink wink* F visa in HK, nor is there anything longer than a 30 day tourist visa. so unless I want to go to HK every month, it seems like this is the only thing to do. does anyone know, what's the worst thing that they'd do to me at the airport? would it just be a question or two, or are we looking at a big huge fine?

honestly, i think the school will revoke the visa - UNLESS you show up to register, pay the tuition... and THEN not show up for classes.

And honestly you can make it harder for all those that want to get a visa to go study as they start to become suspicious or not wanting to deal with the fake ones...Possibly done through higher costs, stricter enforcement. For our sake, please don't do it!

Are you actually reading the replies posted???

All americans since August last year can get a no questions asked 1 year multiple entry tourist visa with 120 day entries. That means you get 4 months, then you have to cross the border to HK or Macau for a few hours, then you get another 4 months in country. repeatable for up to 1 year.

I got mine here:

http://www.visarite.com/touristvisa.htm