Chinese-Forums

How do I write "Made In Taiwan"

bri26064

Well, if you want to write it like people in Taiwan would, 台灣產 perhaps? Or if you wanted to write it like people in China do these days, 台湾产. I suspect you would probably prefer the former.

台灣 - Taiwan

產 - manufacture; produce

I'm not 100% sure about the use of the last character though. It is used in Japan when one writes "Made in Japan" in Japanese. And labels of Chinese products sometimes say either have 中国制 or 中国产, the difference being the former is usually an assembled product, and the latter being vegetables and produce and natural things.

Note: you probably want to get a second opinion before getting the tattoo.

Even in Taiwan, where people write in traditional characters, Taiwan is usually written 台灣, so I'd go for 台灣製造. But 臺灣製造 is also fine, if you like that better. 台湾制造 is how it would be written in mainland China, imho not the best choice in this case.

• 5 months later...

A friend of mine gave me two different ways to write it. Traditional and simplified. What is the difference? I would prefer the way it would be written if I lived in Taiwan. Here is what was given to me.

Traditional

做在臺灣

Simplified

做在臺灣

First of all, both of those are the same, and are in Traditional characters (perhaps your friend got the text confused), and second of all, it's wrong (both grammatically and semantically). What Lu said above is correct: 台灣製造 or 臺灣製造.