Chinese-Forums

What movie is this?

dalaowai

Hey all, don't read this if you have a weak stomach.

I'm trying to remember the name of a Hong Kong movie that I've seen countless times. From 2003-2004, I lived in rural Zhejiang and every couple of weekends, I'd take a bus to Shanghai. The bus ride was 7 hours, so I had time to watch a few movies on the way there and back. One movie that the bus driver played every single time was so disturbing. It was a Hong Kong police/triad movie. One scene that was forever etched in my mind was that of a detective bound to a chair being tortured, while having to watch men rape his wife/girlfriend while blood oozed down her leg.

I also remember that every time this scene would come on, one or two children on the bus would always cry.

I can't remember the name of that movie and it's bothering me as I've unwillingly seen it about a dozen times.

If you know what movie this is, please let me know. Thanks!

That scene was even hard for me to digest. I couldn't believe that this movie was shown on a bus.

I remember the first time, I was so upset, I confronted the bus driver and he just ignored me.

There were many other violent films being shown, however this one is the one that is stuck in my mind as being the ultimate one....ah memories....

I can't help you with placing that movie. But I have had a very similiar experience with seeing a HK mob flick where the protagonist came home and saw his unborn baby's fetus floating in a glass of baijiu (or some clear alcohol) :shock: that had been cut out of his wife's womb. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, and it still lingers around in my head and makes me quite curious as to what the movie is actually called.

I watched this with my parents when I was around 10 (I'm chinese-american). Go figure :roll: I notice that Chinese horror movies/movies involving torture always have way more of an effect on me. I wonder why?