Chinese-Forums

Too tricky for me

so.many.words

I have run out of money :( ...so after the best 4-years of travel, sleep and eating, I must sadly return to work.

I am preparing a CV and for 'wank' appeal I hope someone is able to help me :wink: with a 中文 translation for the following ...

Experience in the development and maintenance of product to domestic and international markets is demonstrated by a progressive career in IT & manufacturing. Innovative and challenge driven with a focus and penchant for successful outcomes.

so.many.words:

Experience in the development and maintenance of product to domestic and international markets is demonstrated by a progressive career in IT & manufacturing. Innovative and challenge driven with a focus and penchant for successful outcomes.

Translation:

面向国内外产品的开发和维护经验在 IT及制造行业的奋进生涯中得到了展示。富有创新和挑战精神,专心并渴望成功。

I gues it is a part of resume.

A good translation should be accurate first, but a accurate translation may not make a good work in new language necesarily. It should be re-organized.

good luck

That's a hell of a sentence even in English. I drifted off after three words. Unless this is regular resume-speak in your line of work, you might want to change it to something more readable.

That's a hell of a sentence even in English.

hehehe:lol:

funny thing is your reply had exactly the same numer of words (36) but I managed them all. Maybe I should add some reference of stamina to my very elequent summary of self.:roll:

Thanks :mrgreen: Monto for your kind effort, is so much (MUCH) better than mine and yes I know it is a bit of a bowel twister. I will use what you have given me, and it will be fine as it is unlikely a Chinese reader will ever see it (????:roll:)

Note: Microsoft says the above quote has only 35 non-Asian words.

面向国内外产品的开发和维护经验在 IT及制造行业的奋进生涯中得到了展示。富有创新和挑战精神,专心并渴望成功

Note: Microsoft says the above quote has 52 Asian words & 1 non-Asian word: it took IT to mean "it" as one word. I've counted a total of 48 Asian words.

IT = Information Technology = 资讯技术

here's 4 more to make it even more confusing: a total of 56 Asian words according to Microsoft. According to me, it's 52 Asian words in total.

Separate them into categories and subcategories just like in an ordinary rèsumé first [in English], then have someone help you translate each one into Chinese. Otherwise, it doesn't look like a rèsumé, just an oversummarized description of your experiences on a cover letter maybe.