Chinese-Forums

Taking a break from studying Chinese

ezpar

I'm sorry if this has been posted/discussed before -- I couldn't find anything in my brief search.

Anyway, I'm sure many of you know how difficult it is to squeeze everything into a day, Chinese-study included. I'm finding a good balance at the moment, but I'm planning on taking the LSATs in June (a pre-law school test for those that may not know), and that requires a TON of practice and studying.

So, I will definitely not be able to devote nearly as much time to my Chinese studies in the next 3-4 months. I was thinking that I should just do a sort of slow review, going over vocab and especially characters, and listen to a podcast on CPod every week or two. What does everyone think of this approach?

What else would you guys recommend for "taking a break" from Chinese and only devoting an hour here and there to studying? Has anyone done this in the past? And how much of an effect do you think this will have on my overall studies of Chinese (I have studied for close to 8 months now, FYI)?

Thank you!