Chinese-Forums

The Perfect Pebble?

confused1

I am currently dating the most amazing girl I've ever met whom is Vietnamese. She asked me a very strange question that she says has an underlying meaning. She asked me in the presence of her friend "When I see you next I want you to bring me the perfect pebble". I was confused by this so asked if there was any hidden meaning to this request, she and her Vietnamese friend laughed and said there was. I believe it has to do with a Asian historical or cultural question but I'm not sure. Has anyone heard of this before that can point me in the direction to start looking or let me know what this question means. Thanks a ton!

I haven't heard about any chinese cultural customs related to bringing perfect pebble, but then again i'm still learning so whether i know or not doesn't mean much..:)

But in the movie "Good luck chuck" this was mentioned, apparently male penguins search the beach for a perfect pebble which they will then present to their chosen female and if the female accepts they will be life long mates.. Since the movie is quite recent and she was laughing with her friend, maybe this is what she is hinting at :wink: