Chinese-Forums

Chinese soccer.

troussier1955

But there are still a lot of fans who will never regret for watching Chinese players play soccer.

I think it is so boring. A sheer waste of time.

But I don't understand why there are so many fans are willing to buy the ticket, and why our country pays a lot of money to nurture them. Garbage!

Everybody in that team is garbage.

• 4 weeks later...

The poor Chinese team! Everyone expected them to do well in 2002, even though they only qualified because Japan and Korea had automatic spots. (People thought the coach, "Milu", had magic powers!) But the only high quality player they had, Sun Jihai, was injured in game 1. Anyway, there are bound to be a few decent Chinese players developing in the next few years, don't give up hope.

Hi I'm an Everton fan and currently live in Liverpool. I'd like to post some comments too.

I think Li Tie did quite well in season 2002-03, when Everton as a team was riding in the Rooney highwave and finished 7th in the league. But this 2003-04 season he has been dissapointing. In the few games he actually played in, he has been mediocre at best. I can recall watching him play against Sun Jihai when Everton played host to a Manchester City league game in December, and Li Tie's passing was awful. The lad tried hard but he just didn't match our expectations. The one thing I liked was when Li Tie put in a real hard tackle to send Sun JIhai flying with the ball.

As a regular visitor to Goodison Park, I daresay if Li does not up his game he will find himself on the transfer list pretty soon. As a Chinese myself I hope for his own sake he stays but he should be aware that David Moyes will drop him again if he fails to perform.

Good luck to Li Tie anyway. (and hope Everton doesn't cash in on Rooney after his stunning Euro2004 performance!)

• 2 weeks later...

Let's face it, "Iron" Li Tie is one of a number of East Asian players who find themselves employed mainly as shirt salesmen. I think European managers are therefore sometimes loathe to give East Asians a fair chance, for example Inamoto, at Fulham, is a great player, but hardly gets a game. I've never been impressed by Li Tie though.

I remember there was a really fast guy called Qu Bo? in the world cup. Who does he play for?