Chinese-Forums

Olympics Artists

Outofin

Is there a complete name list of Olympics artistic advisor panel? Too often I read about someone who claims to be an Olympics advisor.

Zhang Yimou

Ang Lee

[deleted]Steve Spielberg[/deleted]

Cai Guoqiang

Cai Guoqiang is indeed one of the best contemporary artists. Some of his famous works involved fireworks, which of course will be a big part of the ceremony.

If they really collect brainpower and summon all talents on such a scale, and if Zhang Yimou the Chief can coordinate all of these people, the ceremony can be really something to watch. I’m raising my expectation.

Edit: add a TIME article about Cai's exhibition at the Guggenheim's.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1720099,00.html

• 1 year later...
If they really collect brainpower and summon all talents on such a scale, and if Zhang Yimou the Chief can coordinate all of these people, the ceremony can be really something to watch. I’m raising my expectation.

The topic is so outdated. And now we all know it turned out so well. Now Cai Guo-Qiang and Shen Wei are talking with Wall Street Journal in Lincoln Center.

Live-Tweeting from “Summer Scoops Live”: Cai Guo-Qiang and Shen Wei

After the opening ceremony, I read a lot of reports and was awed by the tremendous efforts behind the show that many wouldn't even notice. For example, lighting, the director was 萧丽河. I'm an ordinary viewer. I saw dancers, I heard music, but I didn't notice lighting at all, while there was a whole team of professionals who made every detail perfect. And those who put on make-up for thousands of actors and actresses in hot summer were facing the biggest challenge in their career too. They are all truly great artists.