Chinese-Forums

L visa in Beijing

jiangyunfeng

I would like to ask if anyone knows how to obtain an L visa in Beijing at the moment.

I am currently in Beijing on a 30 day F visa and need to spend an extra 2 weeks here. I visited the PSB to ask for an L visa which I beleived possible. Apparently they are not issuing at the moment and said there is no way to extend / replace my visa. Does anyone know if other methods are possible, for example using a visa agent or visiting a nearby city, or are these new rules final?

How was your F visa obtained? If you are actually using it for its intended purpose - ie short term study or a business visit then you may have better luck trying to extend it with a letter from your school or business partner explaining why you need to stay.

Normally F visas cannot be converted into L visas.

L visas can be converted to F visas, though.

The standard minimum extension of an F visa is 3 months. But recently, there are many abnormal actions of PSB due to the Olympics. It may be shorter.

As Roddy mentioned, turn to your school or business partner.

Or turn to a visa agent. But the present price of a 3-month extension is as high as a 6-month one of several months ago thanks to the Olympics again. :roll:

The Beijing PSB will not extent any visa tourist or business visa on the moment, only student and work visa can be extended, you’re not the only one with this problem. It has something to do with the Olympics, but heaven knows why. If you want to be in Beijing for the Games, or any other reason, just go to Hong Kong and get yourself a tourist Visa

Marco