Chinese-Forums

Visas

leather_strap

To simply pass-through Hong Kong without actually staying, do I need to acquire a special permit from the Chinese Embassy when I apply for my visa?

A permit for what? Visa for HK? No, you don't need ANY visa for HK on a US passport.

To simply pass-through Hong Kong without actually staying, do I need to acquire a special permit from the Chinese Embassy when I apply for my visa?

No to the visa, and even better you don't even have to go through HK customs if you're transiting.

Hi everyone,

If I have an Australian passport but no valid Chinese visa (because my F visa would've expired by then) and I'm holidaying in Hong Kong at that moment do I need some sort of visa to enter Taiwan from Hong Kong for a short holiday?

I heard that I can enter Taiwan for one month without visa? Can I do this just with an Australian passport and no other visa?

Would it make a difference if by then I had renewed my Chinese Visa (F visa - student)?

Thanks everyone.

With an Australian passport, you can stay up to 30 days visa free in Taiwan.

http://www.boca.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=1443&ctNode=116&mp=2

People's Republic of China visas wouldn't help you stay any longer in Taiwan (Republic of China) or vice versa. If you want to stay longer than 30 days in Taiwan, you should apply for the appropriate visa at:

Chung Hwa Travel services

40th floor Lippo Tower

Lippo Center

#89 Queensway

Hong Kong

TEL: [852] 25258315

FAX: [852] 28100591