Chinese-Forums

6-7 weeks Mandarin, Beijing or Shanghai Query

Alekot

Hello,

I noticed several threads around the topic but none of them too fresh. I plan to go to China around July and spend there 6-7 weeks studying Mandarin. Can anyone recommend any school, school/accomodation pack - it will be my firest visit to China so any advice (and links if you have) is appreciated! Thanks,

Alex

• 3 weeks later...

Alex, there are a lot of different options in both Beijing or Shanghai. I manage a school in the university district area of Beijing (right near Tsinghua University) called 1on1 Mandarin. You can check out our summer intensive programs at www.1on1mandarin.com/summer. We primarily teach western learners, and our focus is on proper pronunciation, oral communication, and personalization. Since we primarily teach small class sizes or 1on1, we make sure every student has a customized curriculum based on their unique goals, proficiency, and learning style. While we do not provide housing, we do work closely with a number of real estate agents who can help you locate housing pretty easily, plus we are near a few major hostels. Feel free to email us directly at info@1on1mandarin.com if you have more questions.

If you're interested in starting your language study earlier, we also run an online school called guavatalk (www.guavatalk.com). You can head start on your studies and continue (even with the same teacher) when you get to Beijing. Just signup at www.guavatalk.com/freeclass to get a free class, so you can experience the online classroom and our curriculum for yourself.