Chinese-Forums

Chinese visa for this summer

Danmairen

I've heart some rumors that it is only possible to get a 30-day visa this summer because of the Olympics.

Anybody know if this is true?

It is my intention to stay 6 weeks from 30th of June to 11th of August, I will not be in Beijing during the Olympics, any suggestions on how I can get such a visa, I find the rules somewhat confusing

This would be my first visit to China

p.s I'm from Denmark

Thx

Rune / 儒内

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like it could be difficult to get a suitable visa. Shoestring Travel in Hong Kong, who used to be able to supply 6m F visas without requiring supporting information, can now only supply 3m double entry tourist visas, valid for 30 days per entry with the return air ticket (to your home port) and a hotel voucher for the period of stay in China.

I'm guessing the return air ticket won't be a problem, but the hotel vouchers would be unless you want to stay in a single relatively expensive hotel for the whole period.

But it could be the regulations are being enforced particularly strictly in Hong Kong, because it was so lax in the past. So perhaps check your nearest Chinese Embassy for information first - preferably in person, because their website could well be out of date.