Chinese-Forums

Server Issues

roddy

Hosting company are suffering an outbreak of rats in their server room, and this is causing some problems accessing the site - it seems to be ok just now, but the last hour (specifically 9:27 to 10:13pm Beijing time) it seems to have been down. Hopefully fixed now, but you might want to keep a copy of any masterpieces you are submitting.

Roddy

PS I made part of that up.

I liked it, then again I like rats...but 'big ben' was an evil rat....(sh) You'll have to watch it yourself though.

the dvd store right next to the bnu east gate is gone...I may have come across the dvd somewhere else in the area though, but I actually rented this movie right after it came out on dvd in the US.

• 2 months later...

I see. But I've been on message boards where accounts can be deleted without disrupting the integrity of the existing threads. What happens on those boards is that the account is deleted but the posts made by that account remains intact.

Accounts can be deleted, but posts remain. It requires an admin to do it, however we're not likely to do so unless you have a particularly good reason. Send your request to admin@chinese-forums.com if you'd prefer to discuss it privately. Not wanting the account any more isn't a good reason. You could always just forget your password :mrgreen:

My intention originally was just to simply abandon the account. As you can see from the length of time I have been away from here I have done just that. However, I don't like the idea of having an unused identity floating around on the Internet. So if it wouldn't cause much undue inconvenience to the running of the board, it would be preferable if the admin. could delete my account.