Chinese-Forums

名嘴

Ian_Lee

The term 名嘴 is very classical and very relevant. It reminds me of those lobbyists in the Spring & Autumn Period who used their "3 inches unrotten tongues" to persuade those dukes and kings.

In fact, Confucius was also a 名嘴.

But of course modern day 名嘴 makes big bucks. Look at Oprah. And 名嘴 can wield strong political influence. Look at Allen Lee.

Really unexpected!

Here is a highly satirical Buchwald-style article in a Mainland-based website (the same website that carries the controversial muzimi photos & diary) which makes fun of HK's 三大名嘴 and Beijing government:

http://www.peacehall.com/news/gb/pubvp/2004/05/200405221419.shtml

I suspect the author of the article has never listened to any of their shows.

My favorite 名嘴 is 李敖, a social commentator in TW.without counting 鲁迅, he is the best one. Have you guys ever heard of him? he is considered as the most radical man in China(mainland&tw), we call him 中国第一愤青. :clap

Li Ao (李敖) can hardly be an angry youth (愤青) any more.

I started to read his writings since early '70s when he badmouthed KMT like hell in Taiwan. I guess he is now at least in his late 50s or early 60s -- probably older than every poster.

Well, his ex-wife -- Ms Hu -- had been my dream lover.