Chinese-Forums

溥傑與王妃

Ian_Lee

TVB has bought the NHK epic "Princess Hiro" which I have introduced earlier: http://www.chinese-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=710

and has changed its name to 溥傑與王妃

It will be showed next Sunday and Monday.

This drama is about Puyi's brother and his Japanese wife. It was extensively filmed in Tokyo, Mt. Fuji, Beijing and Changchun.

Strongly recommended and don't miss it if you can stand the JapChinese of 竹野內豐 (He spoke a lot of Mandarin in the drama).

• 1 month later...

I watched one episode. And I had summonsed all my patience, 耐著性子, to stop myself from switching to another channel.

No, 竹野內豐's "Chinese" failed miserably. (Why didn't they cast 金城武 in that role if they wanted a Japanese? Kaneshiro's Mandarin, as heard in 十面埋伏, is excellent and very charming. But he probably would be too expensive.) So were the script and the acting of many of the other actors in the drama.

Skylee:

I watched a couple of episodes when I was in Hong Kong early this month. As far as I remember, it was dubbed into Cantonese. In my opinion, TVB should leave it the way it is in the original version -- Japanese and Mandarin.

I think the drama itself is quite overwhelming. The first and last scene -- when the couple rendzvoused in China in early '60s with their younger daughter holding the ashes of the older daughter made my wife weep.