Chinese-Forums

speed with accuracy

ganyuehan

I just don't speak the really natural, fluent sounding Chinese that I feel I should.

perhaps thats part of the problem. relax and take it easy. dont worry about perfection because no one will likely become perfect in any language except their own. (which is difficult enough)

i hear many native chinese make tone mistakes when speaking fast. they just skip over them sometimes. other times depending on where they are from they just simply get the tone wrong, just like us.

if they want to laugh and not give constructive feedback, they arent worth talking to in the first place.

just practice and you'll get better. 熟能生巧!:mrgreen:

A few years ago I bought a IRiver iFP-190, which is as big as a pocket knife and does three things: records sound for up to 4+ hours, plays back mp3s, and records/plays back FM radio. A good investment I think.

The funny thing is that the first few times I turned it on during a conversation I was so nervous I couldn't even breathe. Talk about being self-conscious!

Was the IRiver iFP-190 bought in China? How much was it?

熟能生巧!

That's probably the main point.

if they want to laugh and not give constructive feedback, they arent worth talking to in the first place.

Couldn't have said it better myself.說的真好!

真好。

謝謝你糾正我。

Well, I did my first recording while talking on the phone. Could've been worse, but a few too many uhs and ums in there. I didn't realize I was doing that. Going to do a lot more recording for sure.