Chinese-Forums

Panda Aspect

Wildman

Last year I worked for this company, I was disheartened to see that their website is still up...

I heard from someone else recently that this company is still causing problems, so I decided to tell some others about it. When I worked for them, I had only recently arrived in Beijing. I knew little of teaching English, and they offered me a job as soon as I got here.

The job seemed great at first, and the pay was pretty good (140 yuan per hour), 20 hours per week. The first time they were supposed to pay me however, they said they accidentally sent it to the wrong bank card. They said they would take care of it ASAP...

I continued to work for them another 2 weeks after this, and continually called them up and asked for the payment. They would make up excuses again and again. I finally quit the job...I couldn't take it any more.

One day I called, and the boss there David Gao, said that he had to leave for a trip and would be back in a few days. He said after this he would pay me....I waited during this time, and called again after his trip. He would not answer his phone. I called the office, and one of the workers there said that he would not pay me until I teach another 2 weeks for him. I ended up finally giving up after countless times of begging for my pay. I got a better job, and moved on.

I am just sharing a bit of bad experience that I have had, in order for others to avoid having the same problems as well. Just be careful around companies like this, they will screw anyone that is naive enough to believe that they will truly get 140 yuan per hour...Believe me, you won't get a thing!

anyone that is naive enough to believe that they will truly get 140 yuan per hour

I don't know if you meant from just him to get 140/hr amount of money, or in general to get this much money teaching, which it sounds a bit like you could have meant from the wording.

I rarely accept less than 150/hr for teaching/tutoring here.