Chinese-Forums

F Visa with Chinese company?

deterius

Has anyone ever done this?

One of my good friends owns a chain of fashion stores in Beijing, pretty large company (I wont say which ones (sh) ) And she wants me to come and intern for her for 3-5 months. She hasn't done this before, all of her employees are Chinese. So she's asked me how its done,

I've read the stuff on the embassy website, - which says a letter from the company inviting you-- and thats it? Seems to easy, especially now..?

Anyone has any advice?

Technically there's such a thing as a 被授权单位签证通知表, which I think businesses have to get hold of from the PSB or something. However I'm pretty sure people I know have just used headed, stamped, letters saying that the company wants to invite so and so to come to China to explore business opportunities, etc, and cordially inviting the embassy to assist in this process.

F is for 访问. According to the website of the Chinese embassy,

Business Visa (F Visa) is issued to an alien who is invited to China for a visit, an investigation, a lecture, to do business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges, short-term advanced studies or internship for a period of no more than six months.

Due to a recent tightening of regulations, F visas valid for longer than 1 month are currently incredibly difficult to come by.

Well yeah, they will basically hire me for 3 months or so. So not exactly an internship, but not quite Work Visa.

Or will a Work Visa be more realistic?

Due to a recent tightening of regulations, F visas valid for longer than 1 month are currently incredibly difficult to come by.

Yeah, I've noticed that- but I assume thats because thats the visa people get without proper documentation.

Im wondering if I get legitimate invitation from a Chinese company will that help me secure a visa?