Chinese-Forums

Difficult to get a 3 month visa?

Sgt_Strider

Since it is now a requirement to show proof of returned airfare, I just recently finalized details and paid for my tickets. The itinerary is to fly to HK on May 24th and leave Beijing on August 24th. I plan to spend 10 days or so in HK and then go to Macau for a couple of days before entering the mainland. Right now a close friend in Beijing is sending me a letter of invitation and a photocopy of her ID card which shows her Beijing hukou. Do you guys think this will help me get an L or F visa that will let me stay in China for 3 months? Last year I got a 3 month F visa for studying at BFSU (Beiwai). I have been accepted to study at Beiwai again for this summer, but albeit for a shorter period of time because of the Olympics. The acceptance letter is coming via the mail. So by the middle of next week, I will have a Beiwai acceptance letter, letter of invitation from a friend to prove my relationship with her, a photocopy of her ID card, and airfare. Do you guys think my chances are good? Another friend of mine recently got a visa before the restrictions were put into effect on April 15th. I recall she got it on April 12th, but she was only issued a 2 month L visa. Let's say I'm approved for a 2 month L visa, can I renew it once more in Beijing or even Shanghai? I'm kind of worried because the airfare is non-refundable so I took a chance there.

There is a thread about the subject on the Lonely Planet forum

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/thread.jspa?threadID=1585596&tstart=0

I think there will be many emty seats on the planes going to China in June and July. I think i'm gona buy a refundable ticket next time:roll:

all though I haven't given up hope to go to China this summer