Chinese-Forums

Business Name Translation

Sonnie

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum - I begin studying Mandarin in Taiwan in June, and I am very excited about it.

Can someone please do a quick translation for me.

Does this say 'Phoenix International Enterprises' ?

菲尼克斯国际企业

Thanks everyone.

Yes, it does. Feinikesi is a transliteration (not a translation) of Phoenix. If you mean the city, I suppose this one is better; if you mean the bird, and if this is your company, you might consider changing it to 凤凰, which is Chinese for phoenix, and sounds better than Feinikesi.

Ok great, I am looking for the chinese word for phoenix for my business name. So my business name would be.

凤凰国际企业

(Phoenix International Enterprises)

Is that correct?

Thank you so much for your help, I could have made a big mistake and lost a lot of money with web programming, business cards, etc...

Kind regards

Sonnie.

I am moving to Taiwan in two weeks to begin my Mandarin studies. My business will be based in Sydney Australia but I will source my products from Taiwan. I understand that finding vendors maybe a little difficult at first with very little knowledge of the language, but I will employ the services of others and use English where I can in the meantime.

Thank you for your interest yonglin...

If your business will do business with Taiwan, the name should be in traditional characters rather than in simplified, so 鳳凰國際企業.

But wait for a native speaker to come by and say if this name is ok.

One thing to consider: 凤凰/鳳凰 must be a trademark of numerous companies already, as it is a common word.

In mainland China, 凤凰 is an old famous bicycle brand. It's getting less dominant now; but for people older than 30, they would link 凤凰 to bicycle instantly.

Better check out if there's any famous 鳳凰 brand in Taiwan.