Chinese-Forums

Searching for a Chinese name for my fiance and me. :)

cathleya

We each would love to have a Chinese name, so it will be easier for other people in China or Taiwan to say our names, and much easier for us to communicate. Especially since my name is a bit complicated to pronounce on the first try--Cathleya. Plus, it makes us feel closer to them. :wink:

I'm not exactly sure what you need to know to make a Chinese name for us, but if I leave anything off, please reply so I can post the missing details. :) My fiance's name is Kevin and he's tall,skinny, tan skinned with dark hair. :lol: For myself, I am short, skinny, dark haired and light skinned. I hope those can help into creating Chinese names! Thanks a bunch! :D (Three syllables is fine!)

Nice names!

If you're getting Chinese names for communication in greater China, might as well go all the way and get surnames too. Can you let us know your and your fiance's surname, so that someone here can come up with a nice Chinese equivalent?

for you, 高凯雅 (Gao Kai Ya). and 高凯博 is for your fiance.

Why choose Gao as surname? as you said, your fiance is tall, which means 高.

Why 凯雅 and 凯博? pronunciation is much similar as your English name.

凯 in Chinese means triumphal, 雅 means elegant, and 博 means wise.

Hope you like these Chinese names.

A native Chinese - Julia

for you, 高凯雅 (Gao Kai Ya). and 高凯博 is for your fiance.
Beautiful names, but won't those make them look like brother & sister? Matching surnames and matching given names...

For Srenuanjan, consider common Chinese surnames starting with pinyin '"S", such as 石 (Shi2), 蘇 (Su4), 宋 (Song4), or 佘 (She2). But do note that the pronunciations of "Song" and "She" are different from the English words "song" and "she".

Hi Cathleya,

Please forgive my negligence.

skylee offered good options for your surname and I would like to choose 苏(Su1). 苏 is beautiful and more connected with 苏杭 (romantic southeast part of China). 苏凯雅 (Su1 Kai3 Ya3) is so great! I love this beautiful, elegant, romantic name!