Chinese-Forums

I need a Chinese name

lerider

I'm going to China soon, and have alot of documents which needs to be signed, both with my original name and Chinese name. Problem is I don't have a Chinese name, so I need one, and would appreciate some help since I'm totally lost on this issue.

I'd like something that reflects my personality, so I'll give you a little background of what kind of person I am.

I'm a person who goes for what I want, and don't stop until I get it. I am very open-minded and down to earth, I rarely get caught off-guard. I always go my own way, often against the crowd. I'm the warrior kind of guy, my ancestors were Knights. I will protect my loved ones with my life.

Actually, my current surname has the meaning of "County Knight", if this could be reflected in my Chinese name, it would be great.

I would also like the surname to be easy-to-remember by Chinese people, since I will be doing business in China.

All suggestions appreciated :)

Q1: Is it a must that you have a Chinese name for your papers etc? Can you just sign with / fill in your real / orginal name? I would think that many foreigners who go to China don't understand any Chinese and do not have anyone to help them to find a Chinese name. What do they do?

Q2: What is your name?

A1: Yes, there's one cell for my original name and another cell for my chinese name. I'm at an intermediate level in chinese, I read pretty well so I know I got it right :wink:

Edited by lerider

Hi Malcolm,

Your description of personality is so great!

Based on your personality, I would like to suggest a name for you: 王逸恒

王, as the surname, implies "County Knight";

逸, means "rarely get caught off-guard. I always go my own way, often against the crowd"; and 恒 means "a person who goes for what I want, and don't stop until I get it."

It's really a good name reflect your personality and surname's background.

Hope you like this Chinese name.

A Native Chinese- Juyuan Zhou

• 2 weeks later...