Chinese-Forums

Chinese Resume Formats

BlueWizard

Hey everybody,

I'm an American student thinking of studying and working in China this summer. Can anyone tell me how to say resume (I get 履历表 and 简历 from an online dictionary) and point me to a sample resume that I could work off of? Thanks for reading.

The regular European/Chinese format seems to work. A Chinese friend translated my resume for me, used pretty much the same format as in the original, and it served me just fine (I got interviews and a job).

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Actually my friend works for HR at a multinational in Shanghai. There is increasingly a format for Chinese companies. She strongly recommends that all foreigners - regardless of their Chinese level - submit resumes in both English AND Chinese. A lot of HR people at Chinese companies aren't going to take the time to read the English one and/or comprehend your actual experience. Before I had my resume done by chineseresumewriter.com

• 8 years later...
  • 2 months later...