Chinese-Forums

F visa

huaqiao06

can anyone comment on my chances of extending an F visa within Beijing or getting a new one under present conditions?

by all accounts it's not possible, at least not without going back to my home country to apply.

I'm in Beijing on a single-entry F expiring in early August that I obtained with my university's help. I want to stay here till at least end this year, being on a F visa would give me flexibility in choosing when and where to study. sticking with the university will get me an X visa, but I have to pay next term's tuition in full and commit to another 15 weeks' straight classes...

I'm in the exact situation as you're in.

I have spoken many times to the Visa service desk in my university (currently in Beijing) and my understanding of this whole visa situation is:

- University will ONLY give out X-visa and this visa is given under the condition that you pay the semester tuition fee.

- Even if you could obtain a F visa, in order to apply for one you still need the necessary university admission letter, which is normally obtained once semester fees are paid/university accepts your application.

Basically, due to the Olympic games, anyone wishing to obtain F-visa or X-visa needs to show proof of intention to study in China and this prove is in the form of a university admission letter.

I haven't heard of anyone who has successfully applied for a F visa during this time.

I'll be picking up my passport on Tuesday.

They'll giving me 90 days F visa, for incentive course in July.

I'll be doing a semester course after that in September and I've

checked with Chinese Embassy in my country, they insisted

that I'll have to come home and re-apply for another F visa

here, since they could only give me a single F visa...

Does it mean that we can't leave the country during that time?

what if I leave the country to come home, does it mean the

visa will be automatically cancelled?

in the past agents or private schools could get you an F visa without hassle, but it seems this avenue has closed off. Diqiucun for instance now won't promise anything after July.

And the official word from the PSB is that they don't recognise this sort of school - they give study visas (F or X) only to people who enrol at universities.