Chinese-Forums

please can anyone translate my tattoos??

angel_eyes1985

hey, thanks for even thinking about helping me! at a much younger age i-in my wisdom-decided to get some tattoos, i very much regret them now but would love to know what the mean, i have three on one shoulder and two on the other... this is the link to the one with three, i realise the bottom two look very similar but half way through the bottom one the tattoist realised that he had done the same one twice and had to try and cover it up!! (no i'm not joking, nor was i amused!!) thanks for your help (in advance!)

aimee

http://aa.bebo.com/aa/large/2005061517/4594075a10031936b356143708l.jpg if you cannot get to this then please email me and i will email you back with the picture.

Hi angel_eyes1985,

Here are the meaning of the 3 characters you've got:

: Happiness

: Faith

: Enlightenment

The bottom one is interesting because it means "enlightment/ realisation (especially after having been on the wrong path)", and therefore goes well with your little story:

the bottom two look very similar but half way through the bottom one the tattoist realised that he had done the same one twice and had to try and cover it up!!

:D

It looks like "恬", but, in my opinion,it is a typo.

The third character is almost certainly supposed to be 恬 - come on studentyoung, the tattooist is hardly likely to mis-copy 悟 as 恬 with an extra horizontal line!

hi again,

thank you so much for your speedy replies!!!! i thought that one meant happiness but the other two-esp the bottom one were a complete mystery and after reading a lot of the posts on here last night i was very very worried what it could be!!! i'm just trying to dig out a picture of the ones on my right shoulder which i believe to mean 'eternity' however, again I am a bit worried!!

thankfully all my other tattoos since have been in English and in a nice script-with age comes (some) wisdom!!!

thanks again for your time, i really really appreciate it

Aimee xxx

thank you :D I'm liking my tattoos a lot more now that I truely know what they mean-having people ask 'does it mean chicken fried rice' gets a bit wearing after a while! thank you so much for your time. xxx

Quote:
the tattooist is hardly likely to mis-copy

Ha Ha! Look around this board and others. Tattooists are always miscopying.

liuzhou, you should consider working as a political spindoctor, what with taking my comment out of context and ignoring the fact that the tattooist seemed to get the other characters spot on ... :wink: