Chinese-Forums

Anyone here interested in writing song lyrics?

geoffkhan

I was wondering if anyone would like to write song lyrics (in Chinese, of course). You don't have to make the lyrics conform to the melody in the song -- that's my job. Anyways, so if you just write a poem, I can turn it into a F4-style pop song. I can sing it myself, or you can, if you prefer.

For your information, I'm not going to sell these songs or use them in any kind of commercial project. You retain ownership of the lyrics.

Here's a little sample track I made so you can get an idea of the quality of the songs: http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelopers.com/ssong1.mp3

(note: I make songs in all kinds of genres, so this particular sample is not a representation of what ALL my music sounds like, of course. In other words, I do make upbeat songs, too :))

You can email me at geoffkhan@mail2jazz.com or just reply right here if you're interested.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly. I would be composing lyrics myself, if my Chinese vocabulary wasn't so limited. Chinese isn't my native language, so rhyming is pretty difficult for me.

And now for the reason I want to make these songs. I really like F4, or Wu Bai, or actually anything. Chinese is a really wonderful language for singing. I really just want to make music of that style.

Let me know if your concerned about song ownership or anything like that. As far as I'm concerned, any of my songs you write lyrics for will be just as much your song as my song.

Here's another sample:

http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelopers.com/betasong.mp3