Chinese-Forums

Translation of title- international public and media relations director

Scoobyqueen

国际公共关系和新闻部经理 ----- Here, "Manager" may be better.

And if it is 国际公共关系和新闻部部长,you'll be sure to use "Director".

The company I work in is a foreign trade company where the departments were called “XX处”, the leading person in the departments called 处长 (Director). Now they are called "XX 部” and 部门经理 (Manager).

Hi Monto,

Thanks for providing useful comments (as always). Incidentally the commercial Guanxi Manager concept in China is interesting. I hear that all major companies appoint a dedicated to cover this area and that a significant budget is available for "networking". We dont have that here in Europe to that extent. The closest is Public Relations Manager but it is not the same.

Scoobyqueen

Thank you for all the contributions. Business cards are incredibly important and particularly titles. I feel sometimes one does not get to speak to the right person without the right appellation in China.

I once had my business cards printed and found that some characters had disappeared through the incompatibility of systems and no one had offered me a chance to approve it so I had to handwrite the business cards in stead. So always make sure you see it before it goes to print.

Skylee your suggestion on using 暨 is useful since I thought that the 和 sounded too informal. Is 暨 just a written form and is it equivalent to an ampersand in this example?