Chinese-Forums

Translation: Desire, Discipline, Hard-Work, and Composure

bagoly91

:help

Hi,

I would like to have the following words translated, either all of them traditonal chinese or all simplified chinese. I think traditional would be better though. I am having trouble finding accurate translations of them: Desire, Discipline, Hard-Work, and Composure. This is what I have got so far please tell me if I am right or wrong.

Desire - (passionately desire) or (desire, lust)

Discipline - 规律

Composure - 近义词 - I couldn't find anything about this word. This is supposed to mean calmness and self control if I am right.

Hard-Work - 操劳 (to work hard, to look after) or 力争 (work hard for, do all one can do, contend strongly)

Thanks for the help in advance, :D

Ok, thanks for the help. I only have one more question.

Are those the shortest ways to write those words? I am only asking because I want to get a tattoo, but I want it to be as short as possible since I dont want the tattoo to knock anyone's eyes out.

Thanks again. :mrgreen:

i try, but you know, it is not easy, even i am a Chinese and always got the first prize in Chinese exams when I was still a student.....:lol:

Desire--------愿 or 欲, i prefer 愿.... you know, 欲 sometimes looks like*&^%$#

Discipline-----纪

Hard-Work------勤

Composure-------静, hah..hah....:D , I really love the chinese character 静, my name.....is 静