Chinese-Forums

Z visa renewal : new medical check needed?

helvetus

Why do you need to renew a Z visa?

Z-visas expire 30 days after entry to China and must be replaced by a residence permit. It is not necessary to go home to renew a residence permit.

... and with a renewal of the residence permit there is no need for a medical check. Well, at least not in my case.

However, if you really have to leave the country to get a new Z-visa, you'll indeed will have to start all procedures over again, including the medical check.

But, like Liuzhou said, you should't have to leave the country. You should be able to renew your residence permit.

Thanks for your replies.

Actually I know that but I will teach next year in another university from another province. I told them many times that they just need to renew my residence permit but they wouldn't hear. So because of their stubbornness (or more probably their laziness...) I will have to apply for another Z visa in my home country...

Is there a way to force them to do it? It is so absurd to start all the procedures again for nothing…

with a renewal of the residence permit there is no need for a medical check. Well, at least not in my case.

That depends on where you are. I have to have a new check every year (or at least I have to pay for the check. They don't actually require that I be checked! :lol:)

Likewise, I pay for a medical every year though I only did the medical once. They just give a fresh copy of the same test each time.

For the OP, it is possible to renew your Residence Permit by yourself if you have the relevant documents. You will need to new school to get you a new Work Permit for Aliens issued by the Chinese Labor Ministry or Foreign Expert's License issued by the Chinese Foreign Expert Bureau - whichever is relevant to your case. However, these documents are also needed to get the Z visa so you should be able to get it form your school easily.

Thanks to all for your great help.

Well, I told one more time to my future university that it is possible and legal to renew my residence permit but they still don't want to hear anything and continue to ask me to come back to my country to get a new Z visa (they already sent me the FOC and the invitation letter by the way). It is very frustrating. Do you think that I should come directly to the city where I will work next year (Chongqing) and try to renew the residence permit by myself? It will end on the 10th of July so time is really running out for me now.

Rincewind, could you specify the exact relevant documents that I will need for this renewal?

Thanks again