Chinese-Forums

Translation - 爱活学习

Don_Horhe

Yeah, I though that too and I told the guy I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up meaning nothing, although Google turns up quite a few results of 爱活.

I forgot to mention that he asked his question in the Japanese section, not the Chinese (it's a university forum), but I don't think this phrase is in Japanese.

Yeah, but if you actually look at the results google returns, you'll see they're all things like: 为爱活下去, or similar, where there is a split between 爱 and 活, and they're not really part of the same word.

One of the other replies said that it was in Japanese and interprets it as "sex instructor", saying that in Japanese 爱活 "aikatsu" means "making love" and 学习 "gakushuu" has the same meaning in Chinese. Even if this is correct, which I personally doubt, it'd still be a stupid tattoo, like that guy who tattooed 糖醋肉 in the link you gave earlier.

• 1 month later...
I've figured it out! 爱活学习 means "love to live and learn".

I'm not sure if you're serious, but if you are, that's definitely not right. You could interpret it as "the study of loving life" or "learning to love life", but it's still a stretch and unnatural-sounding.