Chinese-Forums

Looking for some feedback on my accent.

atitarev

[admin edit] split off from this thread here at the poster's request.

Please criticise my accent. :)

I split into 3 files.

Zuopin 7 hao - recorded by Anatoli Titarev 01.mp3

Zuopin 7 hao - recorded by Anatoli Titarev 02.mp3

Zuopin 7 hao - recorded by Anatoli Titarev 03.mp3

Ok, we chose the second part to listen to and comment on, and leave the other parts for the ears outside Beijing to check. :mrgreen:

We think the “er” pronounced very well, such as: 好好儿,玩儿, 小孩儿.

“如果你只是要借钱去买毫无意义(we think 意义 is difficult to speak well, but you have done it quite good)的玩具的话,给我回到你的房间睡觉(the pronunciation of 睡觉 is not clear enough)去。好好儿想想为什么你会那么自私。我每(每 should be the third tone, instead of the first tone)天辛苦工作,没时间和你玩儿小孩子的游戏。”

小孩儿默默地回到自己的房间关上门。

父亲坐下来还在生气。后来,他(他 seems to be pronounced as “da”,which should be “ta”)平静下来了。心想他可能对孩子太凶了——或(或should be the fourth tone, instead of the third tone)许孩子真的很想买什么东西,再说他(他 seems to be pronounced as “da”,which should be “ta”)平时很少要过钱。

父亲走进孩子的房间:“你睡了吗?”

“爸,还没有,我还醒着。”孩子回答。

“我刚才可能对你太凶了,”

Thank you very much for the assessment, Elina. :)

I will work more on making sure I don't forget about the aspiration and on improving my tone in a longer texts. Like with everybody, it's easier to do it for separate syllable or words.

Thank you, Yonghu.

Yes, I know the difference and try to follow the rules. I can easily pronounce the Chinese pin and bin (separately), however, When speaking a bit faster, I might lose some of it (thinking I still pronounce them corrrectly). I should pay may attention.

I find having someone else to check your pronunciation is very helpful for improving one's accent in general.

Of course, I practiced this text before recording. I've got the official feedback from the group who assessed me. Which was similar to the feedback from Elina and you.

I can understand the whole text ,you pronounced every word very well , but in the second part you seemed to have trouble with 光 and 关 .you can practice that for several times and you'll get improved a lot.the following exercise may help you

词语练习:

上床/上传 上完/上网 忍了/扔了 朋友/洗脸盆儿/芬芳 安分/伤风

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, I want to say you are very excellent in reading Chinese, you know, this is one article in Spoken Chinese Level Test for Chinese people. I attended this test in Oct last year. Your level is higher than some Chinese people from localism area. Congratulations

On the other hand, you still have many problems in tone. I will list the important parts for your modifying, please pay more attention.

1)Tone.

In Chinese, there are 4 tones. You can remember them as 1-2-3-4-5.

1-5 From low to high, the lowest is 1, lower 2, general 3, higher 4, highest 5

1 声: 阴平 –55 mā 妈

2 声: 阳平 –35  má 麻

3 声: 上声 –214 mǎ 马

4 声: 去声 –51  mà 骂

5 5 5 5

1 1

Please use these rule to read article again.

Pay attention on the words with underline of 3声,214, do not miss any pitch.

In your record, you always read 3声 with 21 or 24.

如:小时,you read 小as 24, but it should be 214, you try it.

五岁,you read 五 as 21, it should be 214.

About 2 声, you should pay attention on 什么,35,you read 什 as 51.

2)Consonant.

d—t d is 浊辅音,塞音sonant/ plosive、t is 清辅音devocalization

b—p b is 浊辅音,塞音sonant/ plosive、p is 清辅音devocalization

for example: 平静 ping, not bing

3)Cadence

Cadence coordination from understand of the article, please consult the normal reading file. Attached!

By the way, in your reading, 儿话音 is excellent! Well Done

Ok, I think lots of what I said are difficult for foreigner learner, the tone is also difficult to explain clearly with typing words. So if you would like to learn more, I like to communicate with you by SKYPE, face to face.

Hope all of these can help you…

Thanks

Provide a link to you:http://www.yskoucai.com/putonghua/ShowArticle.asp?ArticleID=370

this is the normal pronunciation for your reference.

This article, I think the underline words you should pay attention.

作 品 7 号

天,爸爸下班回到家已经很晚了,他很累也有点儿烦,他发现五岁儿子靠在门旁正等着他。

“爸,我可以问您一个问题吗?”

什么问题?”“爸,您一小时可以赚多少钱?”“这与你无关,你为什么问这个问题?”父亲生气地说。

“我只是想知道,请告诉我,您一小时赚多少钱?”小孩儿哀求道。“假如你一定要知道的话,我一小时赚二十美金。”

“哦,”小孩儿低下了头,接着又说,“爸,可以借我十美金吗?”父亲发怒了:“如果你只是要借钱去买毫无意义玩具的话,给我回到你的房间睡觉去。好好想想为什么你会那么自私。我每天辛苦工作,没时间和你玩儿小孩子的游戏。”

小孩儿默默地回到自己的房间关上

父亲坐下来还在生气。后来,他平静下来了。心想他可能对孩子太凶了--或许孩子真的很想买什么东西,再说他平时很少要过钱。

父亲走进孩子的房间:“你了吗?”“爸,还没有,我还醒着。”孩子回答。

“我刚才可能对你凶了,”父亲说,“我不应该发那么大的火儿--这是你要的十美金。”“爸,谢谢您。”孩子高兴地从枕头下拿出一些被弄皱的钞票,慢慢地数着。

“为什么你已经有钱了还要?”父亲不解地问。

“因为原来不够,但现在凑够了。”孩子回答:“爸,我现在有//二十美金了,我可以向您买一个小时的时间吗?明天请一点儿回家--我想和您一起吃晚餐。”

节选自唐继柳编译《二十美金的价值》

语音提示

1. 有点儿yóudiǎnr 2. 儿子érzi 3. 什么shénme 4. 与yǔ5. 小孩儿xiǎoháir 6. 小孩子xiǎoháizi 7. 火儿huǒr 8. 枕头zhěntou9. 因为yīn•wèi 10. 一点儿yìdiǎnr

Thank you so much for such a detailed analysis, Annaliu.

I will now work on different texts, so if I record again, hopefully there will be some improvement.

>>Your level is higher than some Chinese people from localism area

But I wish I mastered hanzi, vocabulary and the grammar as them. Note that I practiced reading the text before recording it.

--

I am quite satisfied with the feedback now and I know what to work on. No need for further assessment. Thank you all! :)