Chinese-Forums

Chinese Visa and Study Question. . .

xuechengfeng

I lost my passport almost a month ago and magically found it today. My visa says "Enter Before 06 August 2008." It's a multiple-entry and each stay is 60 days. Does this mean as long as I enter into China before that date, I can stay for up to 60 days after that, or does that mean I cannot stay past August 6, 2008? I'd hate to have to get a new visa with the current process. :evil:

Also, let's say I left, oh, I don't know, ASAP. . . on such short notice, would I be able to find a study program?

any suggestions on a short-term program within the next month or so, or am i pretty much screwed paying big money over some internet web site because i'm not in china? i've tried to e-mail university contacts, but nobody seems to respond.

Or you can try it via the China Education Center, they can arrange everything for you.

I don't know if it's also possible on such a short notice, but you can just email them and they'll probably email you back the same day.

I must say that I'm very happy with CEC, they arranged everything for me ( registration,accomodation ) and they answer all my questions within a day. And it only costs 300dollars, that's about 180euro's. I'd really recommend CEC!

I would like to study in Qingdao or Beijing, but probably Qingdao since it won't be quite as hectic for the Olympics. I have friends in both places where I could either split an apartment, reside for free, or I wouldn't even care staying in a hostel and taking the bus each day. I'd like to do a 4 to 6 week program, starting mid to late July, or August if they only start every month. I think I've seen 4 week programs for a couple of hundred US, maybe a little more, so I guess the most I'd spend for 4 weeks would be around $1,000 for tuition, but that's pushing it. I have a friend currently checking on Qingdao Ocean University, so we'll see about that, but I don't know how to get in touch with Qingdao University, they were the ones who didn't respond by e-mail.

Hi there,

I have a multiple entry one year visa (applied for it in Dec 2007), and its been a GODSEND with this Olympic drama. The "Enter Before" means you can enter before 8/6/2008, and stay up to 60 days AFTER this date. What I'm planning to do is enter in late July and then planning to bring my Tsinghua Uni admittance stuff to get the F visa done in China. This part will theoretically work of course :mrgreen: I need to get my act together and call the Chinese consulate and make sure I can do this. Good luck!

I'd suggest you call Qingdao's foreign student office. Tsinghua has been good about returning emails (within the week), but usually calling is the easiest way to get a quick answer in my experience.

I studied in Qingdao University last year and found it to be a good chinese program. I contacted them a couple of months ago on this email and got a quick response, so you can try it, but i'm not sure if she speaks english, but if you can't write chinese, she should be able to get someone to interpret. email = wangfang@qdu.edu.cn

• Helpful 1

thanks, redrabbit, but unfortunately, i received this message:

您好。

非常高兴您愿意来青岛大学学习中文。

但是非常遗憾地告诉您暑假我们学习中文的课程已经满员了,不能再招收学生了,非常抱歉。

:(:(:(

Do you all think this will be the case for most universities at this point, if I want to study the month of August?

In you already have a visa (Uni doesn't want to do it for the next two months), we should have a course in about that price range that you could take though a partnering school.

Could start at that time. Might have to cha1ban1 though.

Housing is optional but can also get it for Aug. in a single room for about $30 a night.

PM me but might need a couple days to respond.