Chinese-Forums

New Feature: Google Search for Chinese-forums.com

roddy

As many of you will have noted, the Chinese-forums.com search engine lacks in some important ways - notably being unable to pick out Chinese words from a chunk of Chinese text. You've been able to get around this by searching Google with the site:chinese-forums.com operator, but you have, no doubt, felt a little guilty as you leave Chinese-forums.com to do this - even though you know you will be returning shortly.

But no longer! Now you can search the vast contents of this site, using the prodigious search engine technology of Google, without either getting up out of your armchair or leaving the beloved Chinese-forums.com domain. Simply click on the 'search' link in the header (or footer should you be using our mobile version) and you'll see the Google search box alongside the old familiar ones. And you all know how to use Google, don't you.

One issue I've noted is that your search term isn't reproduced in the search box on the results page - will take a look at that. However, it is in the box in the pull down search menu, for what that's worth.

That's all I think, hope it's useful. Oh, and there might be ads on the results. I'm sure none of you will click them :wink:

One thing to realise about this feature is that it only indexes publicly viewable content, and not anything that requires you to be logged in, e.g. not anything in Chinese News and Current Events, Chat and Language Exchange etc.