Chinese-Forums

[RATED CONTENT]Swear words in chinese dialects.

Guest Yau

晕,你学什么不好!

Oh la la! I found it always motivtating for me to learn a new language.

My professeur francais yesterday taught me "C'est chiant!" , "Merde!" and we in the class were all crazy on that! It's about something you can't learn from a texbook.

I've heard there's a similar swear word in Shanghaiese too.

The sound is like 七蚊兩隻錶 (Cantonese pronouciation)' date=' any idea?[/quote']

Did you mean 册那 妈个屄? tsach na má äch pí (always pronounced as a single word: tsaenamaäppi), or more likely 册那娘个屄 (tsaenanianäppi)? Both are heard quite often in Shanghainese, but we typically just use 册那 (tsaena), which is equivalent to the English word, and is a daily utterance. We might also say 靠 (khó) and 册屄 (tsappi), but never say 他妈的 or 屌 in Shanghainese.

冊哪? or ? don't really match the meanings of the characters. Is it somewhat like a cantonese swear word that can only be spoken (arguably), but no corresponding character for that sound?

Well na is a form of "you." (non, ni, na are forms of you in Shanghainese). The character used to write it doesn't exist in unicode. But it is 人字旁 with 那. It is a legitimate historical character. Today it is used as the plural you, although historically it was more genitive in function.

And 册、赤、尺 (exact same pronunication in Shanghainese) are all used euphemistically to refer to: 肏. That character actually might be historically pronounced like the Shanghainese rather than the Mandarin.

Today 册那 has been used so much that it just means f--- , without any "you" connotations.

And 册、赤、尺 (exact same pronunication in Shanghainese) are all used euphemistically to refer to: 肏. That character actually might be historically pronounced like the Shanghainese rather than the Mandarin

will it get laughed if someone say "赤色疑惑", 一尺、家課冊?

well, i guess there should be much more swear words in Wu Yu. Can i have a full list of them?

• 2 weeks later...