Chinese-Forums

Laptop repair in Beijing?

billiardsmike

I'm not having a lot of luck finding a company in Beijing that I feel I can trust to repair my 5 year old Gateway laptop. It's just some overheating issues and possibly related slow processing speed issues, but trust and price are big issues. I found 1 place that wanted 500 yuan per hour but I'm hoping for something a little more reasonable.

Any recommendations?

To be honest I think if five year old laptops start going wrong you need to think about buying a new one. But on a less negative note:

From here you can find Gateway resellers in China - they might be worth a look. Digital China also sells Gateway products and lists two Gateway维修站 in Beijing.

Thanks Roddy. I don't know why I didn't find those. Yeah I know I should think about retiring this one, and I really want a cool new toy, but I think I'll see if this one's got another year or two in it. It's been good to me.

Ground floor, around the corner of HaiLong near Zhongguancun.

Repair shops there. Fans are easy. As a CPU overheats it slows down. Address the overheating issue and the processing one but go away.