Chinese-Forums

当当 and Customs

TCcookie

I made my first purchase on 当当 exactly nine weeks ago, and I'm starting to get a little nervous about whether or not my order will actually get here. When others have ordered from this site, does it often or ever take longer than eight weeks to get to you? The thing that I worry about the most is that it's sitting in customs or something waiting for action on my part. I just figured if there's an import tax I'd pay it at the post office or at least be notified of what I'd have to do. Is any action on my part required, or do I just need to keep waiting?

Thanks for your help.

I purchase lots of stuff from Dangdang before and they all came in between 4-5 weeks. I live in Singapore by the way. There hasn't been any problems on the customs. Where do you live?

You can also check the status of your goods at the website. Maybe you can take a look there first.

I find these massage from dangdang website,

我的订单何时出库?

订单的出库时间要以您订单的配货情况而定。请您随时登录“我的当当”查看订单状态。如果订单显示“已发货”,说明订单已经出库,请您耐心等待收货。

When your goods will be send out?

The delivery data of your order is influencing by the status of the order dispensation. Please login your dangdang accounts and check the status for order at any moment. If it is showing send out already, please waititn your goods give more patience.

I think your goods has not been send out by this time, because your status was exchange successful not send out already.May be hardly any order from US to dangdang, so dangdang must pay lot of post cost for your order.( just one order)

Please touch the customer server, the mail is :service@dangdang.com

I emailed customer service, and they said that "交易成功" means that it was shipped out. I just called my local post office, and was told that in all likelihood the estimated 8 weeks will be the literal shipping alone, so I'll just continue patiently waiting. I'll post again when I receive my order or determine it's lost.

Edited by TCcookie
left out a number

• 5 months later...

So this is a long time after the last post, but that's just reflective of my usage of the forums (in waves of activity over long periods of time).

I got the package about twelve weeks after the order. The box was a little beat up, but considering the prices and the fact that I'm probably not able to go to China four times a year for the foreseeable future I will probably continue to use the service.