Chinese-Forums

王明智 (Wáng MíngZhì) - meaning? and validity as a name?

m.alberto1

Haha, of course, 王明智 is an acceptable name for boy:)

王 is family name

明智 is first name, means "advisability", sensible boy!

明智

míngzhì

[sagacious;sensible;wise] 观察敏锐而判断正确;领悟恰当中肯之点和重要之点的能力

明智的态度

Well, I guess everyone more or less agrees that 王明智 is a good name. Then how about the slightly less presumptuous sounding 亲王明智 for a male and 公主明智 for a female?

I, myself, have no advice about adopting the name in question, and I leave it to others to determine the advisability of doing so. But I do want to mention, only because the issue happened to come up in Skylee’s earlier post, that I prefer the term, "pedestrianization zone." … It has the activist sound of pedestrians liberating the streets and pedestrianizing them in the struggle of the people for community and pedestrianization against the odorous, fumigating forces of the motor heads, who are isolated in their vehicles and burning with road rage. "Pedestrian zone," on the other hand, has always sounded just a tad like a ghetto to me. … “Hey, you, there! Yes, you, the one not on wheels propelled by fumes from your rear! Back to your pedestrian zone!” ... :)