Chinese-Forums

HSK short courses in December -where to go??

Guest t.fallon

So, I work with CHinese students every day (In the UK) however I'm just not getting enough practice in, especially as my manager expects to be able to analysis legal documents (above my language lever, belive me, I'm good at bluffing). SO I've been too busy to tak emy holidays this year. SO I've got to use them before Decemeber (lose them or lsoe them). I would like to take all of December off and head to CHina foir intensive HSK course and take the HSK on December 21st. THing is, I don't know where to go. I live in Yantai fo ra year, very nice, adn TIanjin for 6 months, however I wouldn't mind pastures new. But because of therisk of varied quality I wonder if anyone could recommend a place or have contacts so I could make a proposal to them for some intensive HSK traiing. It would have to be near to a test centre. Oh and Beijing is out, cos I want to immerse myself in Chinese and I'm also lazy and would probably enjoy being on holiday in BEijing too much.

Your advise appreciated!!

Welcome to the forum . . .

As far as I know, there aren't any short HSK courses in December anywhere - if there were any they would probably be in the summer.

You could try contacting a university in a city you like the look of and see what they've got - some of them would probably be quite happy to organise something - business is business, after all - but I wouldn't want to guarantee the quality.

A private tutor might be the best option, but you'd need to find someone with experience of preparing students for the HSK - not necessarily easy, especially if you want to stay out of the big cities. The Bridge School in Beijing ( http://www.bridgeschoolchina.com ) does this kind of course, though that's in Beijing . . .

My advice - prepare yourself to not be lazy and come to Beijing . . .

Roddy

SO I found a useful website that lists the places that are holding HSK exams and when.

http://www.studyinchina.net.cn/hsk/c_HSK_sm.html

ANd for the 21st of December there are exams in Beijing, Tianjin, SHanghai, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Fumen, Shenyang, Changchun, Dalian. Xian, Hangzhou, Jinan, wuhan, Harbin, Qingdao, CHengdu, and Yanji

BAring in mind it will be winter, I think I can rule out anything more north than Dalian (although I don't know much about the two cities in Jilin so that kinda appeals for the unknown factor). However, from a language point of view, maybe I shoudl stick to Northern cities.

Oh indecision. I found a site about Dalian medical University, they do have a Chinese department, however its for wannabe doctors. However, they do also have HSK training.

Any suggestions/ advice appreciated..

Oh and my not boss (I have two managers - my line manager- who is in charge of student support and my not-boss who is in charge o fInternational stuff) told me today he is going to send me to China in November on college business ..YEAH. THis way I get my flight paid.. Jammie!