Chinese-Forums

Translation help please.

Wartrac

I have language translator software and it provided me this phrase.

在和平与自己

However, when looking the phrase up in a Chinese dictionary, the words in Chinese are not the same.

Can someone please translate the above phrase for me? Any help is greatly appreciated.

So you want an English translation of "在和平与自己" ? I guess the result should be "(Being) at peace with oneself" but I'm not sure about the source. "在和平与自己" doesn't look authentic Chinese to me, so don't put it on your body if that is what you're thinking of :)

That's exactly what I was planning on doing lol. Thank you.

The Chinese text in the dictionary is different for the phrase "be at peace with oneself" than the one the software provided. The problem is the font in the book is small and cannot be enlarged for a stencil. I cannot find the exact match/translation online that the dictionary provides.

I would be careful about choosing any of the above for a tattoo. For your phrase, I would choose 順其自然 which means "letting nature take its course"; it is a very obvious four character idiom, which fits your meaning; but to be honest, I would not even really want to use that. I would suggest that you just leave it at 和平, i.e. peace and leave people and yourself to interpret it as they will, which in your case can be "at peace (with yourself)".

So you want an English translation of "在和平与自己" ? I guess the result should be "(Being) at peace with oneself " but I'm not sure about the source.

For unknown reason, the word 禅心comes into my mind. Hehe.

佛教用语,指清空安宁的心:清池皓月照禅心。

http://baike.baidu.com/view/1336541.htm#

Cheers!