Chinese-Forums

Study on Western people learning simplified Chinese

jmtpong

And the same messages again for all of section 6 just now. Does this mean it didn't manage to save my results?

It didn't :cry:

My mistake, I am not skilled enough in php programming. Thank you very much for participating anyway, I really appreciate the effort !

I tried twice but got a database error both times.

Did you get them right after submitting the preliminary form ?

Thanks for trying twice :mrgreen:

By the way, does anyone have any kind of hint as to where I could advertise my test ? I only got around 30 completed tests while I need more than 100 for the results to be significant :(

And of course getting in contact with local universities that teach Chinese etc.
I'd seriously investigate this possibility and talk to teachers on Chinese language programs to see if they can introduce you to their students.

Can your questionaire be made into a printed version for this purpose? Seeing that most of the problems you've got here have to do with the programming of the questionaire, a printed version may minimize that distraction (and possible distortion of the results).

Did you get them right after submitting the preliminary form?
Yes, I filled in page one, clicked to go on, and got 'database error', never made it to the second page.

Yes, I filled in page one, clicked to go on, and got 'database error', never made it to the second page.

Weird :cry: What about trying with another web browser ?

EDIT: Switched from FF to IE and could complete the test.

Weird (again). Thanks very much for completing the test !

I'd seriously investigate this possibility and talk to teachers on Chinese language programs to see if they can introduce you to their students.
And of course getting in contact with local universities that teach Chinese etc.

I have gotten in touch with a good number of teachers, but with no success, since most of their students are on vacation :(

Thanks for all the suggestions, I will give it a try !