Chinese-Forums

Skits for adult beginners in Mandarin

Meng Lelan

dougm24,

That is a very good idea! Did you all really come up with skits in chinese during the first 10weeks and what ideas did you all use? That has got to be pretty challenging --- still, I might try that with my class!

• 9 months later...

Hi, i just saw your post, i wonder how your performance went. I taught Chinese as a Second language in Beijing, and i was very amused by the students' performance during the end of a summer school(eight weeks or so). They made fun of the long list of characers they had to memorize each day, the girl who were late most often, the canteen they often dined at(including their favorite dishes), the apartment-break to bars, bargaining with unregistered taxis,etc,etc. It was very funny and i was so proud of them!

Funny! I wish you would post that on youtube so I can have a good laugh.

Let's see, my class has performed two skits so far. One was a skit called "Writing Chinese is Really Easy" based on a story about a student who learns to write the numbers one, two, three...then one thousand.

The other skit was based on an idiom 杯弓蛇影.

Sorry, no youtube video of those two...