Chinese-Forums

Help with website registration

Shijilal

Note: If you don't enter a value for this field, it will be assumed that you are a minor, and your game account will be subject to the anti-addiction/anti-fatigue system.

(the anti-fatigue/anti-addiction system, is a measure built into games to prevent people (especially minors) from wasting too much time playing online games).

Did the site ask you to type in some numbers to see if you are a real person? If it did and you didn't do it correctly (or if you're a ghost! :wink:), then you get that message. As a non-technical person, I'd probably translate it as "Verification Failed!"

(I see zhwj's reply now, and that is better this one of mine)

Yes its indeed is asking to enter something showing the images

I will put a screenshot of that.

ErrNum01.jpg

if i select that then 0-10 numbers will be there as shown below in the image. What should i select there??

ErrNum02.jpg

What should i select there???

Is that the number of particular item like sun,moon star or what??

Ca any one please help

the website address is : http://member.joyzone.com.cn/member/register/register_01.show

It means you need to work out some encoding issues. The game text is in GB encoding, but it's being displayed as BIG5.

You have:

蚔牁蟀諉囮啖 衾尕綴婬彸

which is utter garbage (I'm guessing there's a ワ just before the 衾 that your computer isn't displaying).

It should read:

游戏连接失败,请于稍后再试

which means "Connection to game failed. Please try again later."

Edited by zhwj

It means you need to work out some encoding issues

Work around would me more correct, as the real fault is that the web site is leaving the encoding indeterminate. That's quite a common fault for error pages and please wait pages.

Shijilal: Assuming you are using IE, you need to use View | Encoding | More, then select GB2312.

Note that, once you have the correct encoding, you can use tools like Altavista's Babelfish (there is/was a similar tool hosted in the PRC) to get a first cut translation, although the translation is more or less word for word and can be quite far from the mark.

Also, why did you photograph the screen, rather than cut and pasting the actual Chinese, or, at least, using (Windows) alt-print screen to grab a bit map?

Thanks guys for trying to get me out of this issue

the images look like screenshots from the actual game

Yes zhwj is right. Its the screenshot from the game. If i could get those text from the images i would have used babelfish.

Indian Version(English) of Ctracer is there and i used to play that. But in that the shanghai Map is not yet opened and cars are also few.So i am playing the chinese language version. Is there any English language version of chinese CTR???

how can i get the encoding issue set right in the game. I have installed chinese Simplified language too from the windows XP install CD.Anything else i need to do.??