Chinese-Forums

美國的中國人開汽車﹐開的不好﹗﹗為甚麼﹖

xuechengfeng

It's just you.

No disrepect to Orientals, but we have in America what we call "Chinese fire drill". That's when one of those big Vietnamese families opens all four doors of their sedan at the stoplight and switch driver, co-pilot, and backseat babysitters.

Sorry I don't have time to translate all that into chicken scratch for you, but that's life in the USA.

seldom see a proper driver in china either... i mean, hey, they dont check mirrors, never signal their intention, never keep a safety distance, and they cant park properly in the parking lot. i remembered back home i used to teach a chinese kid english. his dad was a senior engineer on an exchange program... 'gongfei' of course. he was frequently fined for breaking traffic rules, usually speeding, and in the end had his license suspended after 3 months.

lol..

i hope nobody takes this offensive, or some dumb stereotype which it seems to sound like.. but in my experience, everytime i encounter someone who is a horrible driver.. they are typically chinese! or drunk! or 90! 8)

hmm, old people can sometimes be good drivers. my father's 'sifu', an old man who came to my country about 50 or 60yrs ago(he passed away some yrs ago, at the age of 93) to teach martial arts, learnt driving at 60, and he got his license. he's a pretty good driver, but too bad his car was stolen 3 yrs after he passed the test. a mini cooper i remembered... something like the one mr. bean drives around.