Chinese-Forums

1500 per month in southern Haidian - what accommodation can you get?

huaqiao06

what sort of place can you expect for 1000-1500RMB around Beijing Normal University?

(Xinjiekou, Dewai, Beitaipingzhuang)

so far it looks like a cozy single room in a 3-bedroom apartment with shared hall, kitchen & bathroom

prefer something close to the subway (Jishuitan station)

I found a renovated place in Xiaoxitian that looks spanking new for 1400, but there's an agent involved and I'm not keen on living with the landlord. Agent said that other places around that price in the area are all pretty worn.

I've put this question in an older thread, but what do people think about signing contracts with head tenants(二房东)?

I don't even really have a contract with my landlord. It doesn't seem to be a problem for either of us :mrgreen: I don't think there's any real problem signing a contract with a head-tenant, and to be honest, I'm not even really sure that a contract is going to do you much good anyway. By this I mean that having the contract isn't going to prevent the grim stories. If you have a good landlord, the contract won't really be necessary, if you have a bad one, they'll have a million and one ways to get around the contract anyway.

If you have a good landlord, the contract won't really be necessary, if you have a bad one, they'll have a million and one ways to get around the contract anyway.

Even though I'm not located in Beijing, I second that. Also: a good tenant is also key (which is also not always the case).

• 1 month later...